Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ben - 29 & 11 mth present

Ben turned 30 on February 22.  However, Ben's celebration started in January with his present from me.  If you know me, I am not good at keeping a birthday surprise - but I tried REALLY REALLY hard this time, because it was the best present I have ever gotten anyone.  Ben loves his bicycles so much - quite an obsession, actually.  I knew he had been wanting this track bike, so I bite the bullet and bought it for him.  I knew how much he wanted it and it was so sad when I realized how broken hearted he was when he realized our friend Chris had sold HIS bike (he owns Loose Nuts Cycles in our neighborhood).  The bike was his, I purchased it that morning.  It broke my heart that he thought it was gone, but I did not budge - I kept it a secret...... UNTIL, Ben found his 2nd favorite bike and "couldn't let it go because the favorite bike was gone."  This time I had to do something.  I couldn't bear the surprise anymore and was afraid I would come home to the new track bike (his 2nd favorite) and the surprise would be over.  I coersed Ben into going on a walk when I got home from work on a Friday to take pictures of the snow in Grant Park - we walked in to Loose Nuts Cycles, and there it was - HIS FAVORITE TRACK BIKE AND IT WAS ALL HIS!  I love him so much and I cannot wait to see him race at the Dick Lane Velodrome this season on his new track frame! 

Ben with his 29 & 11 mth present! 

No comments:

Post a Comment