Friday, April 1, 2011

Dick Lane Velodrome Certified

After 2 days of 3 hour trainings.  I am now certified to race at the Dick Lane Velodrome!!  I am very excited about this upcoming season and training at the track with Ben this year.  This will be my 3rd year watching Ben race and now I get a shot at it too. 

This was a huge accomplishment that I have wanted to do for a while.  Riding at the track is quite intimidating.  You ride clipped in, brakeless, and on fixed gear bikes (no gear shifting or coasting here) - everything different than what most people are used to when they think of riding bicycles.  I have been riding a fixed gear bike for a couple of years but never without brakes.  As far as the track is concerned, the ends of the track are at 38 degree angles.  Riding at such an angle is terrifying at first, but exhilirating once you learn to use the embankment for speed (I love riding fast!).  Below are some pics of my Dick Lane Velodrome Certification.













1 comment: