Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Black Flats & A Rockin' Scar




While not being exactly the most graceful lady, I try to stick with my "sophisticated and professional" shell at work.  Yesterday I was meeting with a client and felt cute as a button in my black pant suit, new little black flats, grey silk cami, and my long strand of pearls (my nails looked fab too).  My client, whom I have known for 3 years, says, "what happened to your foot?"  I giggled and with a bit of hesitation said, "well..I was at my parents house for Thanksgiving, was sitting by the fire with my sisters, got a little carried away and kicked the firepit."  With a giggle and smirk of his own he replied back with THIS, "You know Martha Jane, you are put together, you are a good lookin' girl, but you are a bit of a Tom-Boy, aren't you?"  I was taken back for two point two seconds, and then realized, that maybe he was right...I have heard something similar before. 

I walked away from my presentation feeling not only good about my black pant suit, new little black flats, grey silk cami, and long strand of pearls - I now had an accessory unique from any of the other stylish 20/30 somethings in my office - I, Martha Jane Cute as a Button Walker, had a rockin' scar, and a story to go along with it.

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously laughing out loud! You are too funny! Next time we have a girls night by mom and dad's firepit we need to be a little careful! But hey your scar is a memory! I love what your customer said.....it is true to some extent! Love you and can't wait to see you again! Still laughing!

    ReplyDelete