Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Planting in November



One of my favorite things to do while home, is most certainly, gardening. One generally thinks gardening requires having a large area for planting - I on the other hand have to work with an area that is 5x8 feet. Challenging, yes. Successful, YES! I live in an 800 square foot condo in Midtown, Atlanta, thus, requiring me to do all of my gardening in pots on my balcony.


My recent planting includes:


Savoy Cabbage

Red Cabbage

French Thyme

Cilantro







I start by mixing organic compost from a local nursery, Farmer D's (pictured above). I mix 50/50 with potting soil. Cabbage grows extremely well when planted with a leafy herb like thyme (I like Lemon or French Thyme), parsley, cilantro. I have planted the Savoy cabbage with French Thyme and Red Cabbage with Cilantro, both in 2 gallon pots (I will move into 5 gallon pots once they have matured).













I love these tags! I bought them at Target during the Spring in the $1 section. Great way for your guests to know what delightful treats you have planted without having to ask (if you know me...I do not mind telling)! - Be my guest!

No comments:

Post a Comment