Monday, March 15, 2010

Baked Bacon

Have you ever wondered how to make bacon that is evenly cooked, not crinkled, with no oil splatters?  The answer is the oven! 

Place bacon on a double broiler, place in the oven at 350 (no need to even pre-heat).  Depending on your oven, it may take 20-30 minutes.  Just check the progress a few times on your first baking experience and you can figure out your timing.

It gets better - you do not have to flip the bacon, not even once.  The bacon will cook evenly on both sides.  The bacon grease no longer sits on your bacon, it drips nicely into your lower pan (save grease in a recycled jar and use with your collards or boiled peanuts).

I become overwhelmed with making sure everything is served at the correct temperature.  Now I have no more worries about eggs on the stove, bread in the toaster, fruit cut and chilled, while my bacon is burning and I am trying managing all of my other preoccupancies (I like that word - if it is a word). 

Bake your Bacon!

2 comments:

  1. That is the only way I make it now. After having the wonderful bacon at Papa Jacks (oven baked) there is no comparison and you never have to worry about burning it again or anything thing else you are making all at the same time for breakfast!Great Post!

    *also no messy stove to clean

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your recipes girl! I have fixed the cabbage and bacon on the grill recipe several times since you posted it, it is sooo good :)
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete