Wednesday, March 17, 2010

They've Got Soul

I would like to introduce you to the ones Lyla and I love:

Meet Fredrick:
He came into my life on my 2nd birthday.  He was a gift to me from my sister, Ellen, and my brother, Mason.  Fredrick has traveled the southeast, mostly during the 80's and early 90's.  He has seen Myrtle Beach, Memphis, numerous camp grounds, Camp La Vida, Charleston, Atlanta, and LITERALLY anywhere I have traveled (before the age of 15) and lived. He is happy to be relocated to the warm condo and out of the storage unit he lived in on the bottom floor of the building for the past 20 months. His heart is in great condition and still squeeks at age 25.


Meet Bowties:
Bowties became a part of the Martha Jane Journey in 1988 as a Valentine's gift from my Daddy.  Although his bowtie was misplaced, he enjoys wearing his souvenir "t" from Camp La Vida (our annual G.A. trip with church).  He also is happy to have relocated to the warm condo, although he is not fond of the 4 legged creature, Lyla, who often pounces on him.

Meet Big Mouth:
Big Mouth is getting used to things here in the city.  He joined the group Valentine's Day this year as a gift from my Daddy.  Currently he enjoys playing music when I squeeze his foot after a few cocktails and providing laughter for those who watch me dance (if you can call it that).

Meet Georgy and Georgy 2:
Georgy was Lyla's first toy(pictured on left).  Georgy has been to the Duluth Animal Hospital on two occassions (while Lyla's nails were so called "cut") and prefers not ever going back. Georgy 2 came into the picture shortly after when Georgy was misplaced in the bottom of the laundry hamper.  They enjoy acting as a fetching mechanism for Lyla's enjoyment and helping her show off her dog-like ways. 


Call me crazy - Call us crazy
but to Lyla and I

They've Got Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment