Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Destined to Accent


The wreath above has a story, like most things in my home do.  It once hung on the front porch of my home on Sullivan's Island.  It was left there from a previous renter, in the barely standing garage.  I pulled it out of the garage, dusted it off, and added it as an accent to the glassed in porch.  When I moved from Sullivan's Island, I thought about leaving it for the next dweller, and quickly decided that it was a piece of the home I just had to take (as well as a few others). 

Now the wreath hangs above my glass table in my living room and I just love to be reminded of the nights I would sit on the Sullivan's Island porch, drink wine, play dominoes, listen to the fog horns, smell the ocean breeze,  and watch the islanders roam from one drinking hole to the next on Middle Street. 

It hit me a few days ago that the wreath above has much more potential than just hanging over my table and bringing memories to just myself.  It can be accented with holiday/seasonal cheer!  I am now looking to buy a little blue bird to perch on the bottom as an accent for Spring.  I am excited to see the wreath come to life in the seasons to come.  Once I have found my little blue bird, I will post a pic!

Let me know if you have other ideas, for I believe this wreath was destined to accent!

No comments:

Post a Comment